Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Take Some Time Today To Contemplate The True Aim Of Your Life And Meditate On The Words Of These Most Blessed Saints



















"In acquiring the Spirit of God consists the true aim of our Christian life, while prayer, fasting, almsgiving, virtues and other good works done for Christ's sake are merely means for acquiring the Spirit of God."
St. Seraphim of Sarov

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Taken from St. Paul's letter to the Philippians

No comments: