Sunday, October 11, 2009

What Must I Do To Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven?

"For repentance is the way and the key to the Kingdom of Heaven, without which no one can enter into it."

St. Alexander of Svir

If repentance is not our constant companion, we will surely become disoriented and lost in the woods where we will become easy prey for wolves.

This is repentance; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
This is our constant companion; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
This is our strength; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
This is our hope; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
This is our life; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
This is our light in the darkness; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

In work; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
In rest; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
In worship; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
In relationships; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".
In solitude; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

The mysteries of life will open up to us when these words are on our lips; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

The windows of heaven will open up to us when these words are on our lips; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

The gift of tears will be given to us when these words are on our lips; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

Our minds will be illumined when these words are on our lips; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".

Close to death having lost all, health, wealth, loved ones, let only these words be on your lips; "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner".


No comments: